Gallstones are pieces of solid material that mainly form in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is the small organ under the liver. Some of the important facts about gallstone symptoms and treatment have been discussed in this article.
Top facts to know about gallstone formation
Gallstones are mainly made up of hardened materials in the human body. Typically, there are mainly two types:
1. Cholesterol: This is mainly made up of fatty substances present in the blood.This cholesterol can be found throughout the body. This is the most common type of gallstone.
2. Pigment stones are mainly made of bilirubin. This substance is mainly created when red blood cells are broken down in the liver. A large amount of bilirubin can actually leak into the bloodstream and can cause the skin and eyes to turn yellow which is otherwise known as jaundice.
Gallstones which are mainly made from cholesterol are greenish in color.
Top symptoms to know about gallstone
Gallstones mainly lead to pain present in the upper right abdomen or in the center of the stomach. A person may experience gallbladder pain from time to time after they mainly eat foods that are high in fat, such as fried foods. This pain can occur at almost any time.
In case if the gallstones are mainly left untreated or unidentified, the symptoms may increase to include:
1. The high temperature
2. rapid heartbeat
3. This can cause yellowing of the skin as well as whites of the eyes
4. The itchy skin
5. One can have diarrhea
8. The loss of appetite
The patient needs to see their doctor or go to the hospital if they need to have some signs of a serious infection or inflammation:
1. The pain in the belly which mainly lasts for several hours
2. Fever as well as chills
3. Yellow skin or eyes
4. One can have dark urine as well as light-colored poop
The patient having gallstones won’t need treatment unless they cause some pain. Sometimes one can even pass gallstones without even noticing. In case of pain, the doctor will mainly recommend surgery. In rare cases, one can use medication. If someone is at high risk for surgery complications, there are some nonsurgical ways to attempt to treat gallstones. In case the person is not able to have surgery and then they must decide to take medication to dissolve the stones.
These are some of the important facts to know about gallstone symptoms and their treatment.