Sometimes, or rather most of the times, we tend to ignore the little injuries we obtained from doing our work or from our day to day activities. But what we don’t know is that ignoring those little injuries can lead to further damage, complications, and even disability. That is why consulting a Physiotherapy Ottawa as early as possible is very important.
But sometimes we, I per se, gets confuse of whom to see or consult – a chiropractor near me or a physical therapist.
Difference: Physiotherapist and Chiropractor
It is important to know the difference between a Physiotherapist (physical therapist) and a Chiropractor. That way, you will easily know what kind of treatment you will be needing if you are suffering from any injury, disorder or disability.
These two professions overlap each other in many ways, and it may be difficult to spot any difference. A Physical Therapist and a Chiropractor – both of them – deals with the patient’s joints and musco-skeletal problems: helping them reduce the pain, regain or restore their strength, enhance and improve their movement and mobility, and maximize their over-all functioning.
However, the biggest difference between these two would be the approach or the techniques they used. A Chiropractor generally uses manipulation, while a Physiotherapist usually use mobilization techniques. But what is the difference between these two techniques?
- Manipulation technique – A Chiropractor uses their hands to adjust the joints of your spine and limbs where indications of limited movement are seen. Gentle, specific and distinct manipulation techniques help to bring back normal body movement. This treatment aims to reduce the pain and help you move better and without any restrictions.
- Mobilization technique – A physiotherapist will be treating you using different forms and variety of massage techniques and electrical therapies.
But nevertheless, regardless of what or who you choose – whether it is a physiotherapy downtown Ottawa or a chiropractor near me – both professions will give you a satisfying result.
Benefits of Physical Therapy
Whether you are suffering from an injury or disability, or you are recovering from a surgery or stroke, a physical therapy can benefit you in many ways.
Physiotherapy Ottawa can help you:
- Promote and support maximum mobility, physical functioning and overall health and wellness;
- Prevent disease, injury, and disability;
- Manage sensitive and constant health conditions by limiting activities and restricting participations.
- Enhance and maintain physical performance and moving in independence or with self-reliance
- Rehabilitate injury and the damages and effects of disease or disability and surgery through a constructive exercise programs and other means and approach.
- Understand, know, and design maintenance and support programs in order to avoid further damages and the injury from happening again or functional decline.